Growing up different isn't easy, however fun it is, it comes with its own set of challenges and problems. As kids we tend to have a lot of insecurities and notions about ourselves promoted by the superficial standards of beauty, but as and when we grow into ourselves, we start becoming more comfortable in our own skin. However, there's just a teeny tiny part of us which keeps wondering what if? What if we could go back right now and tell our 14-year-old self that it's going to be okay, the thing that you hate most about yourself right now would be the things you will fall in love with later in life. What if we could tell that it gets better, all the struggles that us curly haired people have to face as kids wouldn't come haunt us as badly in the future? What if we could go back and console ourselves while everyone was teasing and passing snide remarks for something you couldn't even have changed in yourself, regardless of how badly you wanted it to.
Well, don't worry. We can't build a time machine and do that but what we can do is probably write it for posterity and hopefully, it will find its way back to our future self. (if humans figure out a way to travel in time that is)
1. Firstly, one of the things that would help the most would be to identify the hair type or kind of curls you have, whether it is 3B, 3C, 4A, 4B or 4C. This would be of utmost importance since it can help to determine what kind of products to use and make choices very specific to the shape and size of the curls.
2. Secondly, we would suggest to keep trying and experimenting with hair styling techniques since there's always a learning curve to everything new right? There's always a high possibility of messing up in the initial trials which generally leads to blaming the technique, that it's not meant for you. Both the wrong hair styling products and the wrong technique are extremely dangerous and can actually cause a ton of damage to the otherwise perfect, healthy hair. So what we would recommend is to stick to one technique and follow it religiously for the next few weeks. Some of the essentials for the process are serums, oils, creams, gel butters, leave-in deep conditioners, and products without sulfites.
3. For curly haired folks, forcing a brush through the hair can feel like some mortifying torture and let's be honest, all of us have done this to ourselves at some point or another, for a couple of days and for years and years resulting into, yes, you guessed, damaged broken hair and self esteem. So one of our most important pieces of advice is to ditch that hair brush and get a wide toothed comb. It not only helps in detangling but also reduces hair damage substantially.
Also Read : What Are Different Ways Of Parting Curly Hair?
4. Our next step is fairly simple but really effective, dry your hair with a cotton t-shirt and then proceed to air dry it. This will prevent a lot of hair damage, breakage and split ends. A cotton t-shirt absorbs moisture much more easily when compared to a regular towel. Even the soft fabric of the t-shirt won't ruin the ringlets unlike the rough surface of the towel.
5. The hair should also be protected while sleeping, that is, using a satin pillowcase or a satin bonnet, either of them would do. This will again, prevent any kind of friction between the hair and the pillowcase, promoting healthier hair.
These are some of the few tips and tricks that we have under our sleeves which have tremendously helped us to come to terms with our beautiful hair and has played a paramount role in shaping ourselves for the future. Hopefully, it will help you too as well.
All the content published on www.Curlvana.in is solely for information purposes. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consider seeking the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion, or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.